The big news is coming up here that Xbox console has finally been revealed and we are ready to make a comparison with the PlayStation 4 and Wii U. If we look at the hardware of the Xbox then it is almost equal with Sony. In Wii U, the GPU performance is not good as accepted. It was accepted that it should be around 1.2 TFLOPS but it is only 352 GFLOPS. It means PS4 has provided best GPU performance i.e. 1.84 TFLOPS.
The Wii U is really outclassed, if we compare it with Xbox and PS4. It’s GPU and CPU is underpowered whereas some of its onboard connectivity options are standard. It means Xbox and PS4 can provide more realistic and smoother graphics as well as it can play high-resolution videos and photos faster than Wii U. Xbox and PS4 both have good GPU performance but we doubt that PS4 will provide much better performance than Xbox One. Besides it, all the three devices support tighter social-networking option. By these options, it would be easier to share contents with friends.
In Xbox One, Microsoft has added a HDMI input to turn the Xbox into all-in-one entertainment device. It allows you to connect settop box (STB), so you can watch TV and you can switch between a game and watching a TV. There is console’s IR repeater, which can even operate the settop box using your voice. It is not known that “STB pass-through” function is compatible with broadcasters. It is heard that Xbox 360 is supporting IPTV in some countries like Singapore. We think that this feature will not be available of supported in Asia. So, to clear it we contacted Microsoft. Looking at the specifications of all, here is the comparison:-
- Xbox has CPU of 8 cores, PS4 also have 8 cores whereas Wii U has CPU of 3 cores.
- Xbox has GPU of 1.2 TFLOPS, PS4 is best in GPU and it has 1.84 TFLOPS but Wii U has 352 GFLOPS.
- Xbox has 8GB DDR3, PS4 has 8GB GDDR5 but Wii U is again struggling in Memory and it has only 2 GB DDR3.
- Xbox and PS4 has USB 3.0 whereas Wii U has USB 2.0
- The Wi-Fi speed of all the devices are same i.e. Wireless N
- Xbox and PS4 have Ethernet speed of 1000Mbps whereas Wii U has nothing in this category.
- When it comes to optical drive Xbox and PS4 supports Blu-ray disc whereas Wii U only supports proprietary 25GB disc.
- PS4 and Wii U have Bluetooth whereas the Xbox One has not Bluetooth.
- PS4 supports live streaming whereas Wii U doesn’t support live streaming, it is not clear that Xbox One supports live streaming or not.
From above discussion, we have seen that the Redmond-based software is differentiating the Xbox One from being a gaming machine to an entertainment device. Will it better to get gaming machine which can entertain us. Xbox should not be catered as an entertaining hub, but it should be as a gaming device.
Give your comments below which one you feel is better ? Thanks keep visiting us .