In this article, I am going to discuss how to choose title, description & keywords for your website.These can serve key purposes and are embedded in the code of your website.
Why to do?
- Search robots use them in indexing your site.
- Help people finding you more easily.
How search engine work?
If you go to any search engine, set of results are displayed. These results are divided into two categories:
1) Page Listing: Websites on the page listing have to pay the search engine, each time when someone clicks on them.
2) Organic Listing: Websites on the organic listing don’t have to pay. These websites are chosen by the search engine on the basis of search term.
Websites which are displayed in the organic listing contain two things: title and description.
- Representative of what your website is about.
- It should contain most relevant key phrase of your website.
Now you must be thinking of which word would you want your customer must search in order to find you?
- Word limit should be less than 70 characters.
- Keep it simple but not so simple.
- Should grab your customer’s eye.
- Not to general like technology, books etc because too much competition is there for this title. So, hard to get good rank.
- Putting name of website is also a good idea.
Description: This will describe what your website is about.
- 3-5 sentence paragraph describing about your website.
- Use simple sentences don’t use keywords here.
- Make complete sentences & you may use keywords in sentences.
Keyword/Phrases: These are the word which your customer can use to find your website on search engine.
- Not to specific or too general.
- Avoid repetition.
- Use between 2-5 words.
- Make sure keywords are related to the information of your website.
These are the few tricks and tips which I want to share with you. Hope you like this and follow then in your website to optimize your website Title, Description and help in choosing the right keywords for your website. Also share your views by commenting below.